Tuesday, June 19, 2012

One

One, Black


"One" was the first frame I designed. Hence the name :)


I started drawing in October of 2010. At the time we had not told anyone about what we were doing (well, our office is on the same floor as my dad's office and we don't have a door, so he kinda figured we were up to something eyewear-related, but we had not officially told him). Everything was new, unfamiliar and intimidating.


Looking back I think we were quite brave, because we knew absolutely nothing about the eyewear industry. Perhaps we wouldn't have gotten into this if we did... We are still riding on a leap of faith so I guess we are just as crazy today.


The situation we were in, deciding to stop and start over, and building our own business from scratch must have manifested itself in what I was feeling creatively (blah! this sounds so self indulgent... and I suppose it was).  


I remember wanting to create a very basic, no-fuss frame. To me "One" is a sort of blank canvas, a new beginning. It holds a very special place in my heart :)


One, Beach

The first drawings probably don't look very much like the final product in terms of dimensions and angles but I would like to think that the feeling is the same.


One, Forest


As you can see there are very few bells and whistles on this frame. There's our logo on the inside and the two circles on the outside of the left temple and the wood-like finish on both temples. Keeping it clean.


One, Havana

"One" is a unisex frame, available in two sizes, Small and Large. 


"One Large" is available in four colors:
- Black
- Havana: a rich brown tortoise shell effect
- Beach: a light, high-contrast tortoise shell
- Forest: a soft multilayered brown


One, Acorn

"One Small" is available in four colors:
- Black
- Acorn: a rich brown tortoise shell effect, similar to Havana, but a little more reddish in color and the pattern is a bit more dense
- Beach: a light, high-contrast tortoise shell
- Forest: a soft multilayered brown


Well, there you have it. That's the story behind the first frames we created. I will probably be making a few posts like this one. One for every style.


Lots of love, K

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE this! Cannot wait to try them out tomorrow:-)
    I have a feeling it will not be an easy decision picking out the right one (or two)...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Cecilie! I am glad you like them :)

      Delete