Friday, June 22, 2012

Buddy

Buddy, Midnight

I wanted to create frames that would make a strong style statement. "Updated vintage" was what I was aiming for. I was thinking of the people who made eyewear look really cool. People you might not even recognize if they took off their glasses. I thought of how some strong frames can dress up a face for the stage.


Buddy Holly came to mind. His thick, vintage - well back then I guess they were new - frames. 


Looking awesome

I did not look at a single picture of Buddy Holly until the first drawings were nearly done, and when I finally did I realized that my frames really didn't look that similar to his... 
By then the name "Buddy" felt so right for the frames that I could not bring myself to change it. Also, Lars and I have been scuba diving a few times and we love it. The "Buddy" name also refers to the Buddy system in scuba diving where two divers pair up and watch out for each other. I think that is really nice, and it is kind of what the Karmoie concept is all about.

I still kept the style in line with my original drawings, although they have been through many rounds of adjustments to get a comfortable fit.


Buddy, Havana


In the beginning, when they were still on the drawing board, I considered these frames to be very masculine, because of the sharp, thick brow. In the end I am very pleased that they turned out to be quite unisex. I wear the Midnight color often, and whilst they do add some edge to an outfit, I don't feel that they make me look any less feminine. That's not to say that they are any less sharp on a man. My cousin Carl looks so good in them!

My cousin Carl wearing Buddy Black and looking like a rock star

Buddy, Moss

I had wanted a pair of navy sunglasses for a while, but never found the right pair. So I couldn't create my own collection of frames without indulging myself ;)


Me :) Wearing Buddy Midnight
Buddy Midnight


"Buddy" is available in four colors:
- Black
- Havana
- Midnight
- Moss

Lots of love, K

Buddy, Black

No comments:

Post a Comment