Wednesday, June 27, 2012

On our way to South Sudan

Sorry about the complete radio silence these past few days. Lars and I have both been really busy trying to get all our stuff ready for the trip as well as having had quite hectic personal lives. We have not had many seconds to sit down since the weekend. We finished packing last night just in time to get one and a half hours of sleep. And I have already noticed one packing mistake, arg. I brought the wrong lens for my SLR, now I have my 50mm that I like for portraits instead of my favorite 35mm. I'll make it work :)

Also, this morning Lars got the departure time mixed up :) He though it was at 06.50 when it actually was at 06.30. We just made our flight. Pfiou!

Now we are sitting in the lounge at Amsterdam Airport while we wait to board tour flight to Uganda. We'll stay the night in Uganda and fly over to South Sudan tomorrow. We are really excited but also quite nervous.

I must say that I am not a big fan of flying. I get a bit scared and I have trouble getting comfortable. But now I am too tired to be very fussy. Fingers crossed this flight is a good one :)

Lots of love, K

No comments:

Post a Comment