Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Club

Club, Moss


Lars and I are children of the eighties. We just couldn't make a collection without an homage to our childhood's decade. I could drone on about these frames as I have about some of the others, but I will keep it short and sweet (well, relatively).

When I think of the glasses of the eighties I think of oversized, roundish, "power women" frames.  


Like these!


And these!


Now, while I do love those types of frames, and I would wear them, I did not see the fun in just finding a pair of vintage shades and copying them exactly. Also, I wanted to find a way to make them more current. So I slimmed them down and gave them a more neutral color palette.

Club, Beach

In the end they didn't turn out as obviously eighties-inspired as I had thought when I started drawing them. But I am very pleased with the results. In losing the distinctive eighties look they gained a timelessness that works well for such a delicate and feminine frame.


Club, Black

The "Club" is available in four colors:
- Black
- Beach
- River
- Moss

Club, River

Lots of love, K


PS This post was supposed to go up last week. However, internet in Kajo Keji can be somewhat patchy. I was just finishing up getting all the pictures in the right places and that had been a time-consuming endeavor as the internet was acting particularly temperamental that day when it completely gave up on me. I panicked and tried to save, refresh, copy to a word file and cross my fingers all at once. Then a few moments later when I got a few minutes online I realized that I had lost nearly all of it. Argh! (in fact I cussed a good deal - in Norwegian to avoid offending our gracious hosts) So here I am a good ten days later giving it another go because for the rest of our time in Africa my internet connection was not good enough to blog. We have had an amazing time and I will tell you all about it. Right now, though, I am have a bit of tummy trouble (I think I swallowed a little too much Nile water when we went rafting on our transit day in Kampala) so everything is moving at a very slow pace... 

1 comment: